In a desperate attempt to save his two sons’ life, Malaysian father, Zamirul Suhaimi aged 30 was left with no choice but to throw both his sons, Muhammad Firas Syahmi and Muhammad Harith who are 10 and 4 respectively, off the upper floor, from the shophouse.
M’sian father throws 2 of his sons from upper floor as shophouse catches ablaze
According to local newspaper NST, at 4:30am in the morning, Zamirul was said to have woken up from a loud scream, subsequently realising that their restaurant was caught on fire. Thankfully, as he threw both his sons down from the upper floor, his two sons were caught by two foreign workers that was there coincidentally.
Unfortunately, as Zamirul jumped off from the upper floor, he had sustained multiple burns on his ear, eyelid, mouth and swelling on his neck. He also injured his hand by hitting a zinc structure. Speaking to NST, Zamirul’s wife, S’biha Bahari said that on the day of the incident, she had tried to contact her husband, but he did not respond.
Subsequently, the two foreign workers that were on scene picked her call and informed her about the fire that occurred in the restaurant that they own. She revealed that it’s a norm for her two kids and husband to sleep at the shophouse as he gets up early to prepare breakfast, while she stays with her mother, not too far from the restaurant.
As her husband had sustained multiple injuries, S’biha shared that her husband is currently receiving medical treatment at he Sultanah Fatimah Specialist Hospital in Muar. Unfortunately, the fire that occurred in Pekan Lenga, Bukit Kepong has destroyed over 10 shophouses, which included sundry shop, two motorcycle shops, a home appliances shop, and a house.
As of now, the cause of fire has yet to be released and no casualties were reported from the incident.